Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How Was Your Ressurection Sunday / Easter Weekend?

My family was scattered a bit over our Easter holiday.  The kids were off school Thursday – Monday.  One went to the Northern Iowa grandparents’ Wednesday night and was suppose to come home today.  Poor thing called Thursday night at 10:45 pm and was crying her eyes out.  She was homesick.  She is 10 and was the last of the kids I would have expected to get this call from.  The whole thing was her idea to go up there.  Alas, grandma and grandpa are in their mid 80’s and don’t have internet or expanded cable so she got a little bored.  She said she read all 5 books she brought and was tired of playing solitaire.  Poor thing.

The hubby and son had to cancel their camping trip due to rain, so they were here until Saturday, when they went up to join Gretchen.

Gillian (the other twin girl) and I stayed here with our dog Charlie, who is not allowed to go to the NE Iowa family’s house.  He was wrongly accused of soiling a piece of furniture almost 5 years ago.  He has never done it before or since so I really don’t think he was guilty.  Nonetheless, it is hard to find someone to take care of him, though he is really a good dog; and we just can’t pay to have him boarded all the time.  Gillian and I visited my aunt after church on Sunday and had Taco John’s for lunch, her choice Smile .

We were invited to a most excellent Sunday Evening Dinner at our Pastors’ house.  That is plural because they are father and son.  We were at the “elder” pastor’s house and were treated to an unbelievable meal.  It was like a gourmet dinner – grilled beef loin, walnut and fetta salad, grilled asparagus; the WORKS!  They were so kind to offer their hospitality when learning that Gillian and I were home alone.  Gillian had a great time as well as the “junior” pastor has a daughter that is in her grade.  It was also a treat because Gretchen wasn’t there to “hog” young Catherine’s attention!  LOL  All kidding aside, I am so greatful for that invitation.  Dinner was great and so was the movie!  Thank you!!! Smile

Here is a picture of the cards I whipped up before we went over to their house.  I apologize because the lighting is bad and I took the picture with my cell phone.  The cards were made with pink and blue paper.  It was all cut out on my Cricut Imagine machine. I used pop dots to pop up the bunny and the grass and flowers.  I used Stickles to decorate the eggs and flowers and grass. 

This is also for the Eggstravaganza Challenge at Creative Scrapbooking Divas  Please join the challenge, you still have time! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Remember, I really do love and appreciate comments. I read them all!

IMG_20110424_154231-1

No comments: