Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Time is Just Around the Corner…

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  How about those shopping deals!?  Black Friday…Super Saturday…. Cyber Monday…. Pink Tuesday…..Merry Monday…..   wow!

Our household has simplified our Christmas gift buying  somehow.  We are just one shopping day away from being completely finished.  I think one thing that has made it easier is the kids are 9 1/2 and 12 1/2 and they don’t want toys anymore.  Video games, watches, books and movies is what they want now.  Its great when these things go on sale and they don’t break the bank.  Thankfully we aren’t into the “can’t find it gift of the year”. 

Our tree is up.  My husband and I have had this tree for the 16 years we have been married.  It is a beautiful white artificial tree that stands 7 1/2 feet tall.  The garland and lights are up and only a few of the kids’ homemade ornaments have been hung but I still find it quite beautiful.

The one thing I don’t have finished is my Christmas letter and cards.  I thought about it in October; I knew it had to be started in November; now December is here and I haven’t started either.  I guess I need to flip through some magazines or surf the web to get some inspiration.

How are your preparations coming?

No comments: